Project Updates and Community Impact
Spearfish Affordable Housing: FAQs + Join the Waitlist!
Our Sky Ridge project in Spearfish is coming along great, and grading on the site is complete!!! Crews are now working to install all underground utilities.
Many of you have asked some great questions about the incoming homes. While the project has fully kicked off, many of these answers are still in progress and details will become more concrete by Spring.
Rest assured, at this time – if you join the waitlist below, you will have FIRST ACCESS to any available homes.
However, here’s a quick note about the most common questions we’ve been getting:
1. When will the first homes be available? At this time, we anticipate the first homes will be available in August 2021.
2. What price are the homes? The goal of this project is to provide affordable housing to meet the South Dakota First Time Homebuyer’s program’s purchase price limit of $275,000 or less. Ideally, we would offer a range of pricing that makes these homes as affordable as possible with options at $175,000 and under, $225,000 and under, and $275,000 and under.
3. Are there income guidelines? If so, how do I know if I qualify? When pricing and details are solidified late Spring, we will give you a clear plan on how to be pre-qualified for the homes if needed. This may happen through the City directly or in partnership with a local organization or bank.
4. When will floorplans become available? We are hard at work on floorplans and layouts for these homes and are working to keep the prices down while maximizing available space. We know many of you on the list are families needing rooms for children and loved ones and we want to be sure to get you a great, functional layout at an affordable and buildable cost. We anticipate having floorplans ready for disbursement by Spring or early Summer at the latest.
5. Will the homes have finished basements? How about a garage? We are hopeful that all homes will have at least a one stall garage and do not yet foresee basements as a part of the homes’ design, though homes in the highest price range may have basement options available.
6. Will I need a realtor? When homes are available you can work directly with the Dream Design team to purchase your home and complete all paperwork as needed. We will help you coordinate with the bank and title company to have a smooth closing and successfully acquire your new home.
7. What if I already have a realtor? That’s great! We invite you to have your realtor join the waitlist and use your name as their “Referral” – we are keeping our notes as up to date as possible and want to be sure you get your name in on the waitlist early to be sure you have access to the earliest available homes.
***Realtors – if you have more than one client, please email us and we will get them listed in the right place in our waitlist line. We can also provide any additional materials you may need to help your clients through this process and share the Sky Ridge project with additional leads.
Thank you so much your enthusiasm and excitement for this project. It is clear that homes in this price range are greatly needed and we’re happy to be a part of bringing this development to the Spearfish area.
Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any unanswered questions – feel free to give us a call at 605-348-0538 or send us an email.
We look forward to meeting and speaking with you!
P.S. Click here for photos of the Sky Ridge Development Groundbreaking Ceremony held Wednesday, September 30th.
P.S.S. Have friends or clients interested in joining the waitlist? Have them sign up at https://www.dreamdesigninc.com/sky-ridge-spearfish/
P.S.S.S. We are also collecting information on local vendors who are interested in submitting bids for this project. If your company would like to be included, please email us and let us know.
#spearfish #affordablehousing #skyridge | #dreamdesign #dreambig