State of South Dakota One Stop Officially Under ConstructionSeptember 28, 2023
The highly anticipated State of South Dakota One Stop project officially commenced construction in Sioux Falls on September 26, 2023. A momentous groundbreaking ceremony took place at the project site, marking the beginning of a new era in state government services. The facility, spanning an impressive 280,000 square feet, will soon become the workplace for over 650 state employees across 12 state agencies.
Distinguished speakers at the ceremony included:
- Steve Kolbeck, Principal Manager of Xcel Energy – South Dakota & Board Chair – Sioux Falls Development Foundation
- Hani Shafai, President of Dream Design International
- Commissioner Darin Seeley, South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources & Administration
- Secretary Matt Althoff, South Dakota Department of Social Services
- Mayor Paul TenHaken, Mayor of the City of Sioux Falls
- Scott Lawrence, President & CEO of Lawrence and Schiller & Chair-elect of the Greater Sioux Falls Chamber of Commerce
Speakers emphasized the key motivation behind consolidating various state agencies under one roof, highlighting the goal of fostering a shared culture among state employees and streamlining access to multiple services in a single, convenient location.
Dream Design International will serve as the developer for the project and has partnered with CO-OP Architecture as the architect and McGough Construction as the general contractor to create a building that will serve South Dakotans for generations.
Hani Shafai, President of Dream Design International, affirmed the project’s vision, stating, “We’ll be building something that our state taxpayers will enjoy for many years to come.”
The State of South Dakota One Stop project is a significant milestone in enhancing government services and accessibility for the residents of South Dakota. Construction is expected to progress swiftly, with completion anticipated in 2025.