Dream Design, the VA, and the GSA cut the ribbon on the new VA Clinic in Rapid CityAugust 23, 2023
On Thursday, August 17, 2023, Dream Design, the Black Hills VA Health Care System, and the GSA held a grand opening ceremony for the VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic in Rapid City, South Dakota, with speakers, tours, and refreshments for Veterans and community members. A significant turnout of hundreds in attendance marked a wonderful day dedicated to honoring our deserving Veterans.
Speakers for the day included:
- Lisa Curnes, VA Black Hills Medical Center Director
- Robert McDivitt, VA VISN 23 Network Director
- Denise Maes, GSA Regional Administrator
- Hani Shafai, President of Dream Design International
- Jason Salamun, Mayor, Rapid City, South Dakota
- Rep. Dusty Johnson, U.S. Representative for South Dakota
- Doyle Pipe on Head, Oglala Lakota Sioux Tribe Member
The building of the new Rapid City VA Clinic was a partnership between the Dept. of Veterans Affairs, the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), and Dream Design International. The new clinic will offer the same services as the old 5th Street clinic building but include an expanded laboratory, imaging (x-ray/MRI/CT), physical therapy, and women’s health services.
Features of this new clinic include:
- The clinic’s size has increased substantially, moving from approximately 14,000 sqft to over 49,000 sqft.
- Parking capacity has been significantly upgraded, with the number of spaces rising from 96 to over 300.
- A convenient zero-entry loading and unloading zone has been incorporated right in front of the building.
Energy Efficiency Recognition:
- Our commitment to energy efficiency has been recognized through a 2 Green Globes certification award.
Catering to Community Needs:
- This new building allows us to serve over 8000 veterans.
Expanded and Additional Services:
- Expanded primary care, specialty care, and mental health examination rooms provide more accessible healthcare options.
- Audiology services have doubled booth space.
- Dedicated women’s health examination rooms have been introduced, ensuring comprehensive care for all.
- The addition of a Physical Therapy gym offers specialized rehabilitation facilities.
- We have introduced Radiology services on-site, providing convenient access to diagnostic imaging.
“We hope [this building] will serve our veterans for the sacrifices they and their families have given to preserve the freedom we all cherish and enjoy as a country,” said Hani Shafai during the ceremony. “They have done a lot, and this is very little to pay them back.”
To watch the playback of the ceremony, please click here.